Sorry, you have been blocked
This website is using a security service to protect itself from online attacks. The action you just performed triggered the security solution. There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data.
What can I do to resolve this?
You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page.
Cloudflare Ray ID: 804106d1f8306256 • Your IP: Click to reveal 18.104.22.168 • Performance & security by Cloudflare
How to Get Someone's IP From Discord? 4 Quick and Easy Methods
If you want to know how to steal a Discord user's IP address, the best way is to use the IP resolver tool. You simply have to copy-paste the other user's details into the site and wait for it to show its results.
There's a common misconception that IP grabbers are illegal, but they're actually not. You can use one like the Grabbify IP logger to get someone's IP address.
I recently wanted to get a user's IP address because I suspected they were catfishing on one of my friend's servers. I ended up using the IP Resolver tool that I mentioned above to do this.
I discussed the steps I took below and outlined all the tools you can use to steal a Discord user IP address.
How to Get Someone's IP From Discord?
As mentioned, there are a couple of ways to obtain someone's IP from Discord.
Let's talk about them.
Method 1: Discord IP Resolver
By far, the easiest way to grab a Discord user's IP address is through the IP resolver tool. You don't have to pay for it — it's completely free. Just remember that you can only use it while the other user is online.
In just a few steps, here's how you use it to steal someone's IP address:
- Launch Discord
- Click on the Setting menu in the bottom left corner
- Click on Developer Mode
- Go to the person you want to track down's user profile
- Copy the user's ID
- Go to the Discord IP Resolver website
- Copy and paste the Discord user ID into the entry box
- Click on the Resolve button
- Wait for the tool to generate the IP and location of your target
Method 2: Grabbify (Discord IP Grabber)
Other than IP Resolver, another way to find someone's IP is through a grabbing tool. There are quite a few on the market, so you have to be careful about the one you choose. I recommend the Grabify website as it has worked for me.
To use the IP grabber site to get someone's IP address:
- Open the Discord application or website
- Log into your Discord account
- Click on the message icon next to the user whose IP address you want to steal
- Start a conversation with them (make it engaging so that they will click on the IP grabber that you're about to send)
- Open the Grabify website in a new tab
- Click on the tracking code option, and paste the link you want to send to your target (can be a video)
- Fill out the captcha that pops up
- Copy the string link/tracking code generated, and send it to the Discord user
- Reload the Grabbify website after the user clicks on what you sent, and tap on the results icon
You should see all the user's information, including their IP address, along with some tracking features that will allow you to do some in-depth research.
Method 3: Command Prompt
Not many people realize this, but you can actually use your computer's Command Prompt to grab someone's IP address. However, this can't be used by everyone — it's exclusive to Windows users.
To use your Command Prompt to track IP address:
- Close all the apps that are running except for your browser
- Open the Discord website on your browser, and log into your account
- Make sure the target user is online and start a conversation with them
- Press the Menu button on your keyboard and type CMD while you have Discord open
- Wait for the command prompt to open
- Type Netstat-an and then press Enter
- You should now see the system generate a series of long codes called TCP scripts
- You should see the Discord users IP address within the code (toward the bottom)
- Copy and paste the address into a tracker, and wait for the information to pop up
Method 4: Wireshark Spoofed Packets (the Packet Interception Scan Method)
Lastly, you can use spoofed packets to get someone's IP address. Special tools like Wireshark can help you do this. It will perform protocol analysis on the Discord site or app to get other users' information.
However, compared to the other methods you can try, it's more complicated. The entire process could take a couple of minutes.
Here's what you do:
- Go to the Wireshark website and click Download
- Install Wireshark and sign into your account
- Select the Network device that you're using
- You should see a series of encrypted packets on the user agent after you click on Proceed
- Find the UDP option on the search bar, and click on it. This only shows the relevant results
- Open the Command Prompt (use the steps I mentioned above)
- Enter the 'config' option into the search bar to filter through the IP addresses generated
- Open the Discord app and start a conversation with the user whose IP address you want to steal
- Check the Wireshark window, until you see the other person's IP address pop up in the feed
Is IP Grabbing Illegal?
Here's the deal — IP Grabbing is not illegal. However, many people use it for illegal purposes. If a website is just grabbing your IP address to check your location to find out where traffic is generated from, this is not illegal.
Delivery services tend to grab your IP to find out where you are located, which is completely fine.
However, hackers tend to use IPs to steal information like bank details and try to log into social media platforms or track your online activities which are against the law.
How Do You IP Ban Someone On Discord?
While on the topic of IPs, you might be wondering how to IP ban another Discord user. You don't have to go out of your way and find a user's IP to do this. Instead, a regular discord ban automatically gets the job done.
Here's what you do:
- Launch Discord (Windows devices, Mac, or mobile phone work fine)
- Sign into your account
- Go to the server
- Find the user you want to ban on the chat or any Voip channel, right-click on their profile, and click on the Ban button
- Confirm the process (you can say why you're banning them)
Once done, any new accounts they open would be automatically banned too.
Answered below are some popular questions.
1. Does Discord Leak Your IP Address?
No, Discord does not leak your IP address or even your location. For someone to get your IP address, they will have to work around the Discord site and use one of the methods that I discussed.
At the end of the day, Discord hosts its own servers, which adds a layer of protection.
2. How to Hide IP Addresses?
There are a couple of ways you can hide your IP while on Discord. I've run through two of my favorites below.
1. Virtual Private Network (VPNs)
VPNs are the best way to protect your IP from users. You will essentially tunnel your connection to a server abroad, which will then encrypt and hide your IP address in the process.
Just note that not all VPNs are trustworthy. You should always use trusted choices, like Nord.
2. Use a Proxy Server
Instead of a VPN, you can use a proxy server. Proxy servers work similarly to VPNs, as they act as intermediaries between the internet and your device. They ultimately work like a roadblock to protect your IP address.
You can also choose a specific location to bounce your connection to.
SmartProxy is definitely a good choice, but you can also use IPRoyal.
You can get a friend's IP address from Discord easily. The most popular method is to use an IP resolver. It will allow you to get someone's IP directly from their Discord ID, plus you don't have to be tech-savvy to use it.
Instead of IP resolver, you can use Grabbify or the Wireshark program to grab IP addresses.
When it comes to Grabbify, you will be able to get anyone's IP, as long as they click on the grabber that you sent. You will have to create a URL from a valid URL, like a YouTube video, which should make them click on it.
I have also run through whether IP grabbing is legal or not, and some additional information, like whether getting a user's location is illegal.
Hopefully, you found this guide on how to get someone's IP from discord useful.
How To Get Someone’s IP from Discord
Discord is the favorite communication tool for gamers and developers. They engage with other users of the same channel. But curious people have a question– how to get someone’s IP from Discord? Do you know the answer?
You might need someone’s IP address to play a game like Minecraft with them. But the question arises how to find the IP address from Discord?
You can use many ways to successfully get someone’s IP address on Discord.
Run the “netstat” command on the Windows Command Prompt to analyze the traffic, and it will help you get the IP address of Discord users.
Experts also use the Discord IP Resolver to find someone’s IP address on Discord.
Discord IP Grabber is an alternative to Discord IP Resolver, which helps you reveal the user’s IP address.
There can be other ways that we’ll learn later in this article.
Let’s learn the steps to get someone’s IP from Discord, everything in complete detail. I bet one of the methods will work for you.
Can You Find Someone’s IP Address From Discord?
No problem. You can use third-party tools to find someone’s IP address from Discord.
Read the following section carefully, “how you can use Discord to fetch any user’s IP address.”
How To Find IP Address From Discord?
Only third-party tools can help you find someone’s IP address from Discord. However, one of the following ways can be a lifesaver for you.
Method 1: Use Windows Command Prompt
You can analyze connections to your computer system and browser using Windows Command Prompt or Mac Terminal. But this method only works if the target person is online.
Follow the steps given below:
- Shut down and restart your computer to close all apps and browsers.
- Open Discord on a web browser and log into your account.
- Open the Command Prompt on your computer.
- Start chatting with the target person and, anyhow, keep them engaged.
- Type “netstat -an” command on your Command Prompt without inverted commas.
- Keep chatting with the target person. After some time, you see their state as “Established” on the Command Prompt.
- Finally, copy the IP address.
This is how to get someone’s UP from Discord without the link.
Method 2: Use Discord IP Grabber
A trusted IP logger can generate a tracking link the targeted person believes is safe to open. Then, share this link with them to find their IP address.
As they click on the link to open it, their IP address will be logged. So that’s how you can detect someone’s IP on Discord without them knowing.
One such IP logger is Grabify. The following steps get anyone’s IP address:
- Open the Grabify website on your browser.
- Copy any URL that the targeted user trusts and opens frequently.
- Paste the URL in the given box “Enter a URL or tracking code…”
- Click the Create URL button.
- Next, agree with the terms and conditions.
- Copy the new URL “https://grabify.link/XXXXXX.”
- Share this unique URL with someone on Discord.
- Encourage them to open the link. Confirm they have clicked the link.
- Now, refresh the access URL to check whether their IP has been logged.
- Finally, you see the IP and ISP both. Click “More Info” to get the person’s IP address, Country, and City.
You can use your social-engineering skills to encourage the target people to click on the shared link. But this way of getting someone’s IP works effortlessly.
Method 3: Use Discord IP Resolver
The Discord IP Resolver helps you get someone’s IP directly from Discord. The only thing you should keep in mind, they should be online.
Accomplish the steps given below:
- Open Discord and go to Settings.
- Tap Advance under App Settings.
- Tap the toggle button to enable Developer Mode.
- Next, tap the Esc (x) button.
- Now, locate someone, right-click on their Discord username, and tap “Copy Id.”
- Open the Discord IP Resolver website.
- Paste the copied Discord User ID, and tap the “Resolve” button.
- Finally, you see the Discord user IP address.
Method 4: Use Wireshark
Most people are searching on Google for “how to get someone’s IP from discord using Wireshark.” So, we planned to add this method as a perk. You can locate someone’s IP address using Discord.
You can use Wireshark as a protocol analyzer that helps you know the browser activity. It also helps you get someone’s IP on Discord.
Go through the following steps:
- Download the correct version of Wireshark on your device and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Log into your Discord account on your browser. Ensure all other browser tabs are closed.
- Open Wireshark and search for Discord. It shows you all the running Discord processes. Explore a variety of protocols for Discord.
- Look for the users’ information deeply.
- You’ll get the person’s IP address after putting in some effort.
- Paste the Copied IP address on whatismyipaddress.com to know the user’s location.
Thus, you can use the above ways to find someone’s IP address through Discord. But never misuse this information to harm someone. As the same can happen to you. So, how can you protect yourself from such attacks?
How To Hide Your IP Address?
As we have discussed, you can get your user ID and others’ user IDs from Discord. So, others can use the same method for you. The following methods protect yourself on the internet:
Use a VPN– You can use a VPN service for geo-spoofing. This service obfuscates and masks your real IP with a fake IP address. As a result, nobody won’t get to your location. Recommend VPN services are:
Avoid Clicking Suspicious Links– The best way to get away from trouble is to avoid clicking clocked or short URLs. These may track your IP, ISP, location, browser, and computer system.
The aforementioned methods can be used to find someone’s IP address from Discord. Carefully follow each step discussed above to get access to the IP address that will help you get the user’s location and ISP quickly. Follow our quick tips to stay safe on the internet from tracking links.
How to Find Someone’s IP Address on Discord in 2023
Are you trying to figure out how to find someone’s IP address on Discord?
Every person knows that all devices that can be connected to the Internet will have their unique IP address.
Discord is a top chat platform that is widely used by corporate individuals as well as gamers. However, most users want to know whether it is possible to get a Discord user’s IP address.
It is quite easy to find the Discord IP address of any user; all you need to do is coax them to do certain tasks.
In this article, we will discuss how to get these Discord users to unsuspectingly reveal their IP addresses without letting them know.
Discord is considered a few of the most prominent instant messaging and community discussion apps today.
It is fitted with various types of features; for instance, there is a feature that allows several channels to split conversations based on teams or projects.
Similar to most other communication apps most of us use today, using and accessing a Discord service will reveal your IP address when you join a server.
However, the good news here is that Discord will not reveal your IP address; however, it does utilize the address internally to enforce various business logic. However, what are the ways to procure the IP address of other Discord members?
While the platform does not reveal the user’s IP address, it should not be as problematic as you may think.
As the matter of fact, you do not even have to be a tech whiz to get it done. However, there are two main aspects here – the first is that Discord will not hand over the IP address directly and the other is that you cannot get the address without the cooperation of the user.
However, if you make use of the right tactics, you can easily get the user’s IP address, anyone who is online and does not hide the IP address via spoofing technology.
We will talk about how to get the IP address of any Discord user in this article to find their real locations. Additionally, we will also talk about various ways to hide your IP address so that you are not discovered or accessed by others.